Wednesday, September 30, 2015

It's Pumpkin Time, Again

It’s that time of year – again!

I was cruising the aisles of the grocery store and it seemed that around each turn there was something PUMPKIN! It is amazing how that virtually tasteless gourd can so take over the mind and appetite of sensible folks.

I’ve been seeing it on Facebook and in Internet ads for virtually anything edible or drinkable. Gotta have that “Pumpkin ????” Whatever!

Now don’t get me wrong. I enjoy Pumpkin Bread – the homemade variety and preferably made with fresh pumpkin that you laboriously cut, scoop out, and bake to get the flesh to make that delicious bread with. It’s really not bread folks. It is CAKE!

And I enjoy a delicious, old fashioned pumpkin pie as well. Again, best made with fresh pumpkin but the canned variety does nicely as well.

Pumpkin Latte? Not in my coffee cup. 

DISCLOSURE: Folks these great pictures are from the Internet and I am just borrowing them. I hope the owners of the pictures will forgive me because I just liked them and wanted to "spice" up my little dialogue a bit. 

Psst!!! Meet me at aisle 4 and help me decide which to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.