Monday, June 27, 2016

All Summer Long by Melody Carlson, published by Revell (Contemporary Christian Fiction)


ISBN13: 9780800723583
Tia D'Amico is thrilled to move to San Francisco to help her aunt transform an old luxury yacht into an upscale floating restaurant. What's not to love? Sunset dinner cruises, posh wedding receptions--the possibilities are endless and far more appetizing than staying in a monotonous job in her Podunk hometown. Besides, some of her best memories are tied to San Francisco--especially the memory of Leo Parker, her crush from a long-ago sailing camp.

When Leo Parker himself turns out to be the yacht's captain, Tia is floating on air. But will it all come crashing down around her when she discovers his heart belongs to someone else?

My thoughts: This is a light, sweet read. So pull up a chair on the porch or at the beach or wherever you're retreating, and relax. All Summer Long moves gently through the renovation of an old yacht basking in the sun and breezes of San Francisco and the Bay. Nearby are the fabled houseboats of Sausalito and the male lead lives on one he inherited.

Having visited San Francisco several times and enjoyed the many captivating views of the City, the Bay, and the quaintness of Sausalito, I looked forward to a story set in those environs. I was not disappointed. I've seen scenes across the bay at night and in the fog and when the sun glistened on the water. I've felt the wonderful breeze. So when these were described, I felt I was there.

This is a heartwarming story that holds a charm unlike so many modern novels. Uplifting in that the main characters are people of faith and not afraid to voice their desire to pray. I love the scenes where the young folks gather on deck for gatherings around the firepit, singing and playing varied musical instruments.

This is a story that while mainly about young adults is a good read for teens, young adults, and the rest of us who have a few more years on us. A safe, clean read.

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a complimentary copy from the publisher, Revell, to facilitate this
review. I was not compensated for the review and opinions are my own, alone.

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy a clean, light read! Thanks for sharing this at the Booknificent Thursday link-up on Mommynificent.com this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.