Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Watermelon Slicer Corer by Maestro of Comfort

Some folks really enjoy a kitchen full of gadgets to make cooking fun, interesting, easy, and different. This little gadget - Watermelon Slicer - is just that. A fun, interesting, and different gadget that can make getting the fruit out of the rind of the watermelon. I know what a melon ball scooper is because I've had one and used it in the past. But a slicer? New to me.

When I removed the slicer / tongs from the box, I looked for instructions on how to use. There were none so it became an exercise of trial and error. I finally accomplished slicing the melon without too much destruction and believe I've about got the hang of it.

I can see that this makes for a nice, neat way to slice 'n scoop at the same time. It leaves the rind as a bowl full of the juices and makes cleanup a bit easier. You'll be left with some bits 'n pieces of melon that you can place in a container for later nibbling but you can get the bulk of the melon out of the hull and serve it right up.

I still need to practice. I've worked on the first half of the round, seedless melon. I can't wait to see how accomplished I become on the other half. Getting this nifty gadget here in June is just in time for all that wonderful watermelon feasting!
DISCLOSURE: I received a highly discounted product to facilitate this review. Opinions are my own. I was not compensated to render a review. I was not required to render a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.